Friday, December 12, 2008

Brazil M3 Outreach (July 16-August 11, 2008)

What an awesome opportunity it was to spend a month this summer working on houses and ministering in Brazil! I loved the culture there, and although the rainy season gave us some challenges, all in all it was an amazing experience, and I learned so much.

It was very evident that these two houses weren't doing the job. I watched a fellow team mate of mine fall through the floor (she was okay, only a bit bruised) of house number 1.

It was with a heavy heart we left, especially when the children from these two houses came to say goodbye with tears streaming down their sweet faces. I pray that all is well with them, and hope that someday I can visit them again. They hold a special place in my heart. I can picture them early on the job site, watching us and asking if we have anymore "purollitos" (lollipops).


** thank you to Meghan Bethune for the photo on the top right!

No comments: