Friday, September 2, 2016

Summer Is Over

It looks like summer is over!  I have mixed feelings about this, as sweater weather is truly wonderful - and most things autumn.  Like the wonderful ginger-molasses cookies I made the other day.  Yum.  With coffee?  So good.

But with autumn comes a lot of change, not just with the weather, but students in a year of school, and there is just a feeling in the air that something is not the same as it was.

I'm okay with the heat going, quite honestly, even in Canada it was a scorcher of a summer.  So this I'm quite fine with.

But as seasons change it is a reminder that winter is close behind... this I am not ready for.

This morning my boys enjoyed playing outside in their sweaters, while sat and enjoyed watching them.  Coffee in hand, and cozy seater on.  It was lovely.  My hubby of course had shorts and sweater on.

So with that, September is here.  And we embark now on a season.  Time flew, and not all the bucket list items were met, but here we are, and God continues to be faithful as always.  I hope autumn lasts long... and winter stays far far away.

But who am I kidding?  This is Canada!

No comments: