Monday, June 20, 2016

Every Sick Day Needs A Praise Party Of Course!

Today I woke up with a scratchy throat, and wasn't feeling the greatest. I even told my husband that I probably wasn't going to do much today, and that the kids and I would be staying inside. And the staying inside part was accomplished. Mostly because I'm still in my pajamas. That's allowed on a sick day right? I actually feel a lot better, the throat is still not a hundred percent, but I have been telling this sore throat and sickness to go in Jesus name! Who has time to be sick, anyway. Not me. So even though it looks gorgeous outside, the air is running and we have not stepped outside. However, I have done dishes, fed the boys breakfast and lunch (I mean, sick or not this has to happen, a mom is never really off duty - ever). I have played with them, done some work on the laptop, did some banking, and even organized toys and decluttered. And I found my misplaced gym membership card! Yay! Oh, and we had a praise party. We needed that. I think the praise happened before most of all of the above. And simply asking God to help. I'm pretty sure it went something like, "Jesus help me to get things done today." Not complicated, but effective. Amazing how a little bit of praise can change the entire atmosphere in a home. If you haven't tried a praise party, you really need to. Here's a little planet shakers to help. Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHPht8UrPWM (Sorry, I don't know why it won't post the video properly, but it's worth the copy/paste!)

No comments: