Saturday, June 12, 2010

Back at Casa, Drinking Pineapple Juice

It's been a few days since my last post, I actually ran out of time on my portable modem... and being that it was in Spanish and somehow wasn't using any of the words I know (lol) I had to wait to get come help getting my money put on it.
I'm back at Casa de Alabbanza now, after an intense two weeks in Antigua learning Spanish. It was a lot of fun, a lot memory work, a lot of walking (I miss that already!) and I'm actually able to communicate pretty decently with the guards here now. Surprise surprise! That's exciting, knowing I didn't just waste 2 weeks of my life.
Anyway, Gerri Shortt arrives tonight, so I'm going to spend the afternoon getting the place looking spiffy. I'm going to also spray more raid all over the places so maybe there won't be any cockroaches when she gets here. I had one crawling on my foot last night as I was trying to sleep. Shh, don't tell her... eek. Don't worry, to future people coming to Casa we are going to deal with the situation. I have yet to meet a child - even a Guatemalan child - that actually enjoys cockroaches around while they sleep. I'm thinking it's time to irrigate the place, so no worries. :)
Right now it's pouring rain in Villa Nueva, and I'm surprised that every time it rains there still is ash coming off the roof from the volcano eruption a few weeks ago.
So that's the update on this end! More exciting adventures to come in the next 2 weeks!

PS - I've got a hankering for my mom's gingersnaps. I hear she sent some with Gerri. 4 more hours... mmm

1 comment:

libby beckwith said...

Hey Am,
Love the new effects, looks awesome. Enjoy your ginger snaps:)