Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It Wasn't a Hint


I find it fascinating how observant my "host mom" is.
This morning when I was having breakfast (only minutes before I had to rush out the door) I received a very important phone call. So, knowing it was going to make me late for school, I took the call anyway. Afterwards I still tried to get the last bit of my fruit in my mouth, but still had to leave 3 lonely pieces of cantaloupe.
Then at lunch we were served mashed potatoes hotdogs (just the dogs) with this strange ketchup like sauce... and a full tomato. Each. That's all fine and dandy but I nearly detest tomatoes on their own. I love them in things like guacamole, on burgers, mixed with pasta or on supreme fries (not going to think about that too long or I might get a craving!). So I did my best to finish the tomatoes, but left just a few tiny pieces.
Then tonight she gave me a smaller serving of pasta than everyone else and said, "esta bien para tu?" or "Is that good for you?" I said, "si". But was a bit confused for a second, then inside I was laughing seconds later.
Note to self - leave anything on your plate for more than 1 meal, and you will for future meals be served less food than your dinner mates.
Thankfully it was still more than enough, and I came out of it with a story.
And any day that supplies me with even a hint of a good story is a good day by me.

1 comment:

libby beckwith said...

lol i love it!!!!!! your life is like a book:)